'- Cashville Kidz is an animated series that airs on Astro, Malaysia’s largest cable television provider.
- Teaches financial literacy to children between 10-12 years of age in a fun and engaging manner.
- To ensure understanding of complicated financial concepts, each episode consists of 1 key learning point and was kept to 7 minutes as studies have shown that children in the targeted age group only have an attention span of close to 20 minutes.
- Programme is complemented by an accompanying workbook and teachers' guide, a weekly column in the New Straits Times School Times publication, an official online portal and social media pages (Facebook and Youtube) to appeal to its young audience members.
- No other Southeast Asian bank has promoted financial literacy in this manner before.
- The importance of financial literacy cannot be overemphasized as Malaysia currently has a household debt of about 83% of GDP - much higher than any other countries in the region.
- Programme is modeled after the popular children’s cartoon “Dora the Explorer” that teaches kids puzzle-solving and geography.
- Impressive statistics include an average viewership of 1 million viewers.
- The official Facebook page accumulated 125,000 fans in less than 6 months.
- Engagement levels are high with an average number of 400 “Likes” per Facebook post.
- The official YouTube channel has seen more than 2 million views for its episode uploads. - The programme is supported by Maybank Foundation (MF), the official CSR arm of one of the region’s leading financial institutions, in collaboration with MoneyTree Malaysia, Southeast Asia’s largest financial literacy training provider.